Friday, April 4, 2014

Strom of Swords Continues!


Game of Thrones - Robb Stark & Grey Wind
© George R.R. Martin
By Corey Breen
Pencil

In honor of the return of Game of Thrones to HBO this weekend,  my tribute to The King in the North. This was a commissioned piece from a fan. I am really happy with how it turned out!

So excited for the return of the show this weekend. I had forgotten how amazing the second half of Storm of Swords is since it has now been years since I finished it. But in anticipation of it's return months ago I started listening to the audio books and and now finishing up Storm of Swords. Reminding me how good it is going to be this season! There is awesome action, incredible dialogue, nail bitting tension, humor, and brilliant chess-like moves by so many characters. It also has my favorite line in the ENTIRE series of novels, from Littlefinger himself 

"Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game."

"What...what game?"

"The only game. The game of thrones."

Enjoy the premiere on Sunday!

CjB

PS- I will be coloring this piece, and have prints to sell on my online store & at baltimore Con & NYCC!

PPS- If you would like a Game of Thrones Commission from me, please email me your request at cjbreener@gmail.com and we ca talk specifics and price!

PPPS- My favorite lines from the show are from Jamie when he returns home last season and speaks in the bath.

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark